Are you a reluctant entrepreneur? Most Holistic Practitioners don’t go into business because they are entrepreneurial and think private practice sounds really lucrative. Heart-centered healers are often led to private practice by a strong sense of purpose. They tend to prioritize being of service over making profit, and view the business side of private practice as ‘a necessary evil’.
If you aren’t careful, this can lead to burnout or never quite reaching the stage where your practice supports you financially.
Save valuable time and money with this course. Benefit from our 20 years in the industry, including 10 years of owning and operating a successful shared space, where we have witnessed hundreds of ‘mis-steps’ that other practitioners (including ourselves) have made.
We’ll look at ways to reduce the fear and resistance you might feel around owning a business, provide suggestions for simpler ways of operating your business, and walk through the process of taking a vision for your private practice and creating a well thought out plan that inspires you to manifest it. Your reluctance will transform; you will OWN your business.
With this training, attendees will be able to:
- clearly state why their business exists/will exist
- state the outcomes their clients can expect
- describe how and where the business will operate
- develop a plan for where clients will come from
- determine the revenue the business will need to achieve to be self sustaining
- estimate the time and costs necessary to launch or uplevel revenue
- estimate ongoing expenses to run the business
- identify the municipal, state, and federal requirements to operate a private practice
- explain the differences between sole proprietor, independent contractor and employee
- evaluate their level of commitment to being a business owner vs being an employee or independent contractor
- articulate their business identity and/or personality
- identify and budget for the tools, professional support services, and training that will be required to be successful long term
Attendees will at the end of this training be able to write a simple business plan for their practice that demonstrates that they 1) have a clear vision for their business, and 2) have given serious consideration to the time commitment and financial investment necessary to start a private practice.
1819 W Belmont Ave, Chicago IL 60657
About the Instructor
Ellen is co-founder and co-owner of Tribe, a healing arts community. Tribe supports independent holistic practitioners in private practice through our physical space in Chicago and our online professional community.
Prior to founding Tribe, Ellen owned The Healing Room, another shared space, and was a faculty member and continuing education program director at The Soma Insitute of Clinical Massage Therapy for 10 years.
Visited 98 times, 4 Visits today