At the end of this class therapists will be able to:
• Explain the do’s and don’ts of working with disaster responders
• Describe the difficulties you will face
• Recognize your own limits and how to reach out to others if you need help
• State the importance of communicating openly with family members and loved ones about your experience
• Define steps you can take to help decrease stress for you and your family
• Describe steps you can take to prepare for disaster
• List what you must know before heading to a disaster
• Describe some of the dangers you may face and types of people you will encounter going into a disaster zone.
When Chris first brought this class to me, I was blown away. He has combined his experience as a veteran of the US Military serving in war zones, his experience as a disaster responder, and his experience as a massage therapist to create his career and this class. It truly is one of the best classes I’ve ever been introduced to in the 20 years I’ve been a massage therapist. ~ Laura Allen
About the Instructor
Chris Reynolds is a US military veteran who served in Iraw, an emergency disaster responder for the Red Cross, and a Licensed Massage Therapist & Bodyworker. He is a graduate of both the Center for Massage & Natural Health and The Whole You School of Massage & Bodywork.
Register by contacting Laura Allen at 828-289-5047. Full amount of $100 due on registration, refunds allowed up to 7 days in advance of the class.